- GREENS - Mowed at .125" 3 times per week rolled 3 times until grass growth and demand dictates otherwise. TEES/COLLARS/APPROACHES Mowed at .325" 2 times per week. FWYS Mowed at .375" 2 times per week. ROUGH Will be cut in the coming weeks to clean up any winter debris and keep turf tight as needed.
- As of now, setup will be 2 times per week on greens and all accessories will remain off the course until further notice.
- Bunkers initially raked out during the week of 4/5/21. The initial cleanup redistributed sand, removed weeds, and cleaned winter debris. We will continue to address thin sand on floors and rake more as the transition continues. As of now, we will only touch up rake once a week on Fridays before the weekend play.
- Plant Protectant, Growth Regulator Applications, and all Pre-Emergent Applications applied to all shortcut turf, rough, range, and lawns. Our weekly application schedules will begin now that we are in the beginning of the actual growing season.
- Weeding, mulching, and pre-emergent applications will be made to landscape beds and will continue until completion. Flowers will be introduced to our beds around Mother's Day.
- All golf course irrigation, bathrooms, and tennis irrigation are on and any repair work will be made as soon as possible with as little impact on member experience as possible.
- All tennis courts re-surfaced and being rolled/groomed daily. During the week of 4/12/21 windscreens will begin to be hung up and detailed work will be completed as time allows.
- During the week of 4/19/21 driving range detail, mowing, and divoting will be made to have our practice areas ready for the season. The grass tee will be available 5/8/21.
- Needle-tine aeration to greens will begin bi-weekly across all our playing surfaces. We did not hollow core aerate any playing surfaces this spring so this practice will help aid in the benefits of core aerification until this fall.
Sunday, April 18, 2021
Monday, March 8, 2021
Welcome back and thank you for your support and dedication to Pine Hollow in what has been one calendar year since the lockdown due to Covid began. Our team, membership, and club structure have been through a stressful time and without you, this season would not be possible.Our plan to begin the 2021 golf season is the same this year as every other and consistent with other Club's Operations. Starting today, we will phase in employees to begin the initial golf course clean up even though we still have snow on holes 2,3,5,6. and 7. Our plan is to open Greens as soon as possible with walkers once surfaces are cleaned up and daytime freezing temperatures are not forecasted. With the current snow coverage and volatile weather pattern, like in every March, our initial target on 3/24 for opening with walkers to greens is very conservative and with good work weather, we are hoping to exceed those expectations. Many may be questioning why it seems so late to open but this is not uncommon and we determine when to open by weather not calendar. Looking back to my notes we opened in a similar pattern; 2015 first week of April, 2016 the third week of March, 2017 the third week of March, 2018 the fourth week of March, 2019 the third week of March, and if not for Covid early March in 2020. Other restrictions and cart availability will be determined once the initial treeline cleanup is completed and forecasted rain events become more clear. Also as a reminder, please use good Driving Range etiquette and practice from the mats until our grass tee is made available.
Monday, November 30, 2020
PINE HOLLOW C.C. AERATION SCHEDULE
- **March 3/22/21– 3/8” Hollow Tine Aeration w/ Heavy Topdressing (5%)
- *Monthly (May to July) – ¼” Solid Venting Tine (no removal)
- ***August 8/9/21 or 8/16/21– 3/8 ” Hollow Tine Aeration and Light Sand Topdressing (5%)
- ***October 10/25/21 – ½” Hollow Tine Aeration w/ Heavy Topdressing (8%)
- ***December – 5/8” Solid Deep Tine Aeration w/ Heavy Topdressing
* Minimal disruption to putting surface (healing time a few days)
** Medium disruption to putting surface (healing time 7-10 days)
***Most disruption to putting surface (healing time 10-14 days)
Emphasis put on removing 20% of surface area per yearTEES:
- March 3/23/21 - 5/8” Hollow Tine Tee Aeration with Sand Topdressing
- August 8/10/21- 5/8” Hollow Tine Tee Aeration with Sand Topdressing
- October - 5/8” Hollow Tine Tee Aeration with Sand Topdressing
- March 3/1/21 – ¾” Solid Deep-Tine Aeration (no cleaning necessary)
- March 3/24/21 – 5/8” Hollow Tine Aeration *may be delayed until fall*
- August - ¾” Solid Deep-Tine Aeration (no cleaning necessary) w/ Verticut
- October – Graden Dethatching of Fwys/Approaches or ¾ Solid Deep-Tine
- November - ¾” Solid Deep-Tine Aeration
Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Thursday, September 17, 2020