Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
GREEN COMMITTEE 9/15/18
GOLF COURSE UPDATE
- Actual mowing heights – GREENS .110, TEES/COLLARS/APPROACHES .325, FAIRWAYS .375, STEP-CUT 1”, ROUGH 2.25”.
- 2018 Season has set records for rainfall and oppressive heat which has pushed our staff, budget and turf to the edge of sustainability. This year will be remembered among grass growers in the Northeast as the 4th hottest on record and due to solid programs we had no significant issues.
- Fall Aeration – Scheduled and will be aggressive to improve playing conditions for next golf season and promote recovery from a relentless summer (see attached).
- PUMPHOUSE – 100 hp. Pump and Well compromised but could still function at half its intended capacity in an emergency. We will not know the complete extent of damage until the columns are pulled 11/18 and total repair is estimated at $100,000.
- Silvery Thread Moss eradication program for greens on going. This process has shown significant improvements on most greens with populations decreasing by 80%.
- Bunkers have been severely impacted from extreme weather events causing failure of bunker liner, contamination, and bunker collapse. Our hazards have been maintained to the best of our ability but these issues are not going away without renovation.
- #1 Green continues to be a topic of conversation due to green speed gains over four years.
- Improve contours in fairways and green expansion areas with additions and subtractions. These areas are part of Hanse Golf Course Design’s original plan and fairway expansion will be discussed with all professional staff before work begins.
- Improve and expand practice area with new bunker across road to provide more practice options. This area will join #10 fairway with the collection from #14 green.
- Drainage installation at chipping area approach (driving range), #6 approach, #5 approach, #8 approach, #15 approach, and #16 fairway.
- Pine Hollow Green’s Department Blog – pinehollowgreens.blogspot.com
PROPOSED CAPITAL PROJECTS
- LONG RANGE PLAN – Discussion with Committee and Board should take place to develop a long range plan. This plan protects our interests, sets goals and provides information to set aside money.
- PRACTICE AREA - Build a new bunker at the Chipping Green with the addition of more fairway height for longer pitch and run options from #10 fairway.
- GOLF COURSE - Tee Complex Construction #11 and #12/#14.
- GOLF COURSE - Cont. Tree Maintenance Plan for 2017/2018 late fall to winter: In/Out House work done with a plan to replant.
- EQUIPMENT - Purchase Deep-Tine Aeration Unit. Purchase New Walk behind Greens mowers and new utility carts (2019). Also, repair pump house issues outlined above.
- BUDGET- Equipment and Resources to continue to improve the Club’s biggest asset.
Monday, September 10, 2018
|FIX BALLMARKS BACK TO FRONT|
Please remember this is your course and to be respectful of your fellow members while using carts, raking bunkers, and hitting of the mats when not on the grass range tee. Two other points of good golf etiquette are fixing ballmarks and repairing divots (see below).
|FILL DIVOTS AND SMOOTH OR REPLACE DIVOT|