- Work at #1 Green Complex Complete - Until frozen ground sets up we will continue to grow in all grass withing the disturbance area. A winter cover will be placed over the green once temperatures consistently drop overnight. (SEE THE SEQUENCE OF PICS BELOW)
- FALL AERATION TO DATE - Greens 3/8" Hollow Tine 1.25" spacing filled with sand, Tees/Approaches/Collections 1/2" Hollow Tine 2" spacing topdressed with sand, Fairways 3/4" Solid Tine on 3" spacing complete.
- Aeration to continue until frozen ground- Greens 1/2" Solid Deep-Tine filled with sand, Tees 1/2" Solid Deep-Tine filled with sand, Fairways 3/4" Solid Deep-Tine, Roughs will begin 11/11/19.
- Landscape Detail for Winter - Consists of removing all annuals, perennials, and pruning dead material from landscape.
- Irrigation System winterization will begin 11/18/19 this consists of removing water from our system and protection the pump stations from winter temperatures. All lawns bathrooms and tennis court irrigation will be blown out at this time.
- Add sand to bunkers while removing leaf/tree litter and contamination.
- Property detail daily for leaf and tree litter cleanup.
Winter is approaching and project season is wrapping up here around the golf course. We had another great year capped off with the exciting project at the 1st Green which turned out great from start to finish. All grass is recovering and starting to root and the sand is set over the Better Billy Bunker System to showcase how good the product performs. Our plan is to continue making plant protectant, fertilizer, and sand applications to all the greens but modify a more aggressive program to expedite the recover for our disturbed surface at #1. Part of this program will be covering the green this winter protecting from wind dessication but also to extend the growing season this fall and to start 2020. I will be monitoring the root development and programs in place to open that green as soon as possible without jeopardizing our turf for next season.
As mentioned, we completed our first round of fall aeration around the property and will be continuing with the plan laid out above until the ground is frozen. These cultivation practices are vital to our success throughout the growing season and we appreciate you patience and support as finish up the 2019 work season. The Deep-Tine Aeration is great to distrupt compaction prior to winter opening avenues for water, air, and nutrients to penetrate deeper into our soils promoting stronger plants heading into the 2020 golf season.
Thank you again for another great season and please come out while the weather is good we'll be chasing leaves and prepping for 2020.
|CLEAN DOWN TO XGD DRAINAGE PRESERVING LINES|
|ADD 110 TON OF MIX ONCE NEW GREEN EDGE BUILT|
|MORE DRAINAGE WORK/ ROUGH GRADE MIX|
|GPS MIX TO GRADE/PLATE COMPACT/GPS AGAIN/FINAL RAKE|
|READY FOR SOD AFTER FINAL RAKE AND ARCHITECT APPROVAL|
|NOW THAT THE GREEN IS SET PLAN OUT THE BUNKER PLACEMENT|
|NEW APPROACH WORK BEGINS AND BUNKER ROUGH GRADE WORK BEGINS|
|TIME SPENT VIEWING OUR BUNKERS LEAD TO PAINT LINES MATCHING OUR HAZARDS|
|HAND WORK FOLLOWS AFTER MACHINE WORK|
|STONE IS ADDED TO 2" DEPTH|
|BETTER BILLY BUNKER POLYMER SPRAYED OVER STONE|